Wednesday, January 29, 2014

30 Sighthounds in 30 Days - Day 29


Day 29 - Smooth Saluki
5 x 7 inch, oil on panel
© 2014 Kathleen Coy
SOLD

Dogs teach us so much about living in the now. I wanted to capture the joy on this dogs face as he enjoyed a blissful moment at the beach, feeling the warm winter sun on his face, reminding us of the importance of such things. This is Sadiq. He was rescued off the streets of Qatar by Rescue Salukis Middle East and Dogs in Doha. He now lives in Alabama where he is being fostered, and I believe is available for adoption. 


5 comments:

Barbara said...

LOVE this one. You captured that moment of bliss perfectly. One day, I will own one of your paintings!

Unknown said...

I adore the look of sheer joy of the dog's face! beautiful, well done!

Cindy D. said...

Fantastic! Perfect expression. Just terrific series this whole challenge.

Kathleen Coy said...

Thank you, ladies! This one seems extra special, for sure..

Allison Bacovillard said...

I love this! Good to check out your blog since I've been MIA. What an accomplishment! Its paid off - I can see so much growth. Congratulations.