Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Greyhound painting is finished!

Retired Racer
11 x 14" oil on canvas
© 2010 Kathleen Coy

I thoroughly enjoyed this painting from start to finish. Not only are brindle dogs very beautiful, the brindle coat pattern is a lot of fun to paint! Here are a few photos of the process:

The toned canvas and underpainting:


A shot of the reference photo in the background. The background is started, along with the top half of his head:


Coming along nicely:


And once again, the finished painting. I love the colors, his expression, the gold metal on his collar, and the silver tag.


I hope you enjoyed seeing the process of this piece.

Much love,

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Once again: WOW!

Barbara said...

That is fabulous!!!!

Mona Diane Conner said...

Beautiful, & a wonderful title too!

Unknown said...

AWESOME! What a beautiful talent.
Blessings

commoncents said...

EXCELLENT POST! Glad I found your blog!!

Steve
Common Cents:
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Certainly have enjoyed seeing the process Kathleen, beautiful work.

First Draught Farm said...

I love the progress shots. Once again, you've outdone yourself! Happy holidays!

Debbie Goode said...

I love it and the title is perfect!

positive affirmation said...

I trust in the process of life
There is a rhythm and flow to Life, and I am part of it. Life supports me and brings to me only goods and positive experiences. I trust the process of life to bring me the highest good.