Friday, October 23, 2009

More work on Sami's portrait

Now that I'm blocking in the dark fur, it's really starting to look like Sami.

I love how clearly you can see the mix of Rat Terrier and Australian Cattle Dog in her fur and features.

They never look right until they have a nose...

I get so much joy watching faces appear from the brushstrokes...

This phase is the underpainting. After everything is blocked in, I go back over and refine the details, and add more texture and layers.

To be continued...

5 comments:

WATERBABY CHRISTINE said...

I love when you show the process. It's almost a magic trick, seeing something appear from nothing.

Unknown said...

Looking good Kathleen!

Dean Grey said...

This is coming along nicely, Kathleen!

-Dean

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i love your talent! sami is so sweet!

artbyakiko said...

I love to see how you paint! It's looking great!!